Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another manic Tuesday

Another day of work behind and we`re moving fast forward. Today´s accomplishments include finishing the script and also finishing another location. The dialog needs a bit of work though, since I`m not completely familiar with the script-codes of the dialogs. Most of all, I need to make global variables to work in the dialog-code and also make things animate through dialogs.

A few visual things need also considering. First of all, I think I should make non-interactable NPC:s just black silhouettes rather than detailing them. After all, their role in the story is near to non-existent so I have more visual freedom designing them. Other thing that bothers me is the map-screen. I`m not exactly sure should I keep with the bare map or detail it some more. Below are screenshots of the map-screen I had first and then a concept I designed today. The concept looks pretty okay in my eye so perhaps I´ll stick with that. Have to ask opinions about it anyhow.






























I decided to have a graphic-day tomorrow which means completing each and every room and item so I can begin to put the rest of the pieces together. Looking good and I`m confident. Even though I am aware that the project is maybe just a wee bit too ambitious.

No comments: